Monday, January 31, 2011

Yummy homemade Hummus

I have been meaning to make hummus for Mya to try for quite sometime now, and I finally did it! Its very simple and tasty.

Here is the recipe I followed (although I did add a little more garlic than the recipe called for):

2 cans chickpeas
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tbs olive oil
1/4 cup tahini
2 cloves of garlic, chopped ( I used 3-4 cloves)
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/4 tsp coarse salt
1/4 cup of liquid reserve from chickpeas

Reserve liquid, rinse, drain and rinse chickpeas. Place chickpeas and reserve liquid in food processor. Add lemon juice, olive oil, tahini (well stirred), chopped garlic, cayenne pepper and salt. Blend until smooth. Store in fridge in an airtight container for 7 days. Enjoy!


The taste test....

She loved it!

No comments: